Dancing with the Stars: Tony Dovolani
Although he’s known as Tony Dovolani, he was born Driton Dovolani in Pristina in the country that was then known as Yugoslavia and now known as Kosovo. His family moved to the United States when he was 15.
Dovolani began folk dancing at age three and started ballroom in the United States at the Fred Astaire Dance Academy.
For the American version of “Shall We Dance,” Dovolani coached lead actress Jennifer Lopez and portrayed the Latin dancing bad guy.
His dance achievements:
- 2006 nominated for an Emmy for outstanding choreography for Dancing with the Stars for episode #208 (Dance: Jive).
- 2006 PBS America’s Ballroom Challenge Rhythm Champion
- 2006 Emerald Ball Open Professional American Rhythm Champion
- 2006 United States Open Rhythm Champion with Elena Grinenko
- 2006 World Rhythm Champion with Elena Grinenko
- 2005 Ohio Star Ball American Rhythm Champion
- 2005 United States Open Rhythm Champion with Inna Ivanenko
- 2005 World Rhythm Champion with Inna Ivanenko
BIRTH DATE: 17 July 1973 (Cancer)
- Stacy Keibler (Season 2)-Finished third.
- Sara Evans (Season 3)-Withdrew
- Leeza Giggons (Season 4)
- Jane Seymour (Season 5)
- Marissa Jaret Winokur (Season 6)
- Susan Lucci (Season 7)
- Nancy O’Dell who was replaced by Melissa Rycroft (Season 8 )-Won
- Kathy Ireland (Season 9)
- Kate Gosselin (Season 10)
CURRENT PARTNER: Audrina Patridge
Posted on September 20, 2010, in Audrina Patridge, Professional Dancers, Tony Dovolani, Uncategorized and tagged Audrina Patridge, Dancing with the Stars, Dancing with the Stars Season 11, DWTS, DWTS cast, Reality TV, Tony Dovolani. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.