Dancing with the Stars storytelling night gives Hines and Petra nines (VIDEO)
Storytelling night was emotional with rumba tributes to loved ones. In the end, it was football player Hines Ward and his partner Kym Johnson and supermodel Petra Nemcova and her partner Dmitry Chaplin tied for first with each receiving a nine from head judge Len Goodman on Monday night, week 3 of “Dancing with the Stars” season 12.
Former leader Ralph Macchio and Karina Smirnoff were tied for fifth with WWE wrester Chris Jericho and Cheryl Burke and Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy with 21.
Tied for third were the initial favorites: Disney star Chelsea Kane and her partner Mark Ballas and Hugh Hefner’s former girlfriend Kendra Wilkinson and her partner Louis van Amstel with 23. Len Goodman rated Kane as the better dancer. Kane was dancing to a song written for her.
At the bottom, was Wendy Williams and her partner Tony Dovolani. We thought that Williams would at least give us some funny zingers, but she’s just been a major disappointment, not finding her inner diva. We know it’s there somewhere, but when is she going to cut her diva loose?
- Hines Ward and Kym Johnson: 25 (8, 9, 8)/Petra Nemcova and Dmitry Chaplin: 25 (8, 9, 8)
- Chelsea Kane and Mark Ballas: 23 (7, 8, 8)/Kendra Wilkinson and Louis van Amstel: 23 (8,7, 8)
- Chris Jericho and Cheryl Burke: 21 (7, 7, 7)/Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy: 21 (7, 7, 7)/Ralph Macchio and Karina Smirnoff: 21 (7, 7, 7)
- Romeo Miller and Chelsie Hightower: 20 (7, 6, 7)/Sugar Ray Leonard and Anna Trebunskaya: 20 (7, 6, 7)
- Wendy Williams and Tony Dovolani: 15 (5, 5, 5)
Most impressive was Ward and his hip movement. He’s only getting better and it’s great to see him honoring his mother with a joyous, happy samba.
We’re still rooting for Romeo. He had an emotional breakthrough and we love that he always uses his chance to comment to promote community instead of himself. Imagine. This young man watched two of his cousins die. We also have to admire Nemcova because of her courage and her reaching out to others.
Sugar Ray Leonard had the a tough time being the first to attempt the paso doble this season.
Williams did better last week when she scored 17 for her quickstep although Goodman gave her a 5 last week as well. Williams received a 14 (5, 4, 5) week 1 for her cha cha cha. She’s not getting better and she’s not very funny. Time for Wendy Williams to go.
Cha cha cha
- Chelsea Kane and Mark Ballas: 23 (7, 8, 8) to “Chelsea” by The Summer Set.
How she compares with week 1 cha cha cha performances
- Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy: 23 (8, 7, 8)
- Hines Ward and Kym Johnson: 21 (7, 7, 7)
- Chris Jericho and Cheryl Burke: 19 (7, 6, 6)
- Romeo Miller and Chelsie Hightower: 19 (7, 6, 6)
- Kendra Wilkinson and Louis van Amstel: 18 (6, 6, 6)
- Wendy Williams and Tony Dovolani: 14 (5, 4, 5)
- Wendy Williams and Tony Dovolani: 15 (5, 5, 5) to “Last Night a D.J. Saved My Life” by Michael Cleveland
How Williams compares to week 1 performances.
- Ralph Macchio and Karina Smirnoff: 24 (8, 8, 8)
- Chelsea Kane and Mark Ballas: 21 (7, 7, 7)
- Petra Nemcova and Dmitry Chaplin: 18 (6, 6, 6)
- Sugar Ray Leonard and Anna Trebunskaya: 17 (6, 5, 6)
- Mike Catherwood and Lacey Schwimmer: 13 (5, 4, 4)
- Sugar Ray Leonard and Anna Trebunskaya: 20 (7, 6, 7) to “My Prerogative” by Bobby Brown
- Kendra Wilkinson and Louis van Amstel: 23 (8,7, 8) to “You and Me” to Musiq Soulchild
- Chris Jericho and Cheryl Burke: 21 (7, 7, 7) to Let It Be” to The Beatles
- Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy: 21 (7, 7, 7) to Over the Rainbow” by Israel Kamakawiwo’ole/Ralph Macchio and Karina Smirnoff: 21 (7, 7, 7) to “Stay Gold” by Stevie Wonder
- Romeo Miller and Chelsie Hightower: 20 (7, 6, 7) to “I’ll Be There” to The Jackson 5
- Hines Ward and Kym Johnson: 25 (8, 9, 8) to “Fantasy” to Earth Wind and Fire
- Petra Nemcova and Dmitry Chaplin: 25 (8, 9, 8) to “You Raise Me Up” to Josh Groban
Chris Jericho (WWE wrestler) and Cheryl Burke
Text-in code: 3409
Sugar Ray Leonard (retired professional boxer) and Anna Trebunskaya
Text-in code: 3406
Ralph Macchio (actor) and Karina Smirnoff
Text-in code: 3408
Romeo Miller (rapper) and Chelsie Hightower
Text-in code: 3405
Hines Ward (Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver) and Kym Johnson
- Text-in code: 3403
Kirstie Alley (actress and comedian) and Maksim Chmerkovskiy
- Text-in code: 3411
Chelsea Kane (Disney channel star) and Mark Ballas
- Text-in code: 3401
Petra Nemcova (model) and Dmitry Chaplin
Text-in code: 3404
Wendy Williams (media personality) and Tony Dovolani
Text-in code: 3402
Kendra Wilkinson (Playboy model and reality TV star) and Louis van Amstel
Text-in code: 3407
Phone lines, text votes (AT&T customers only) and online voting will open at the top of each performance show so that viewers can vote for their favorites. Phone and text lines will stay open until 30 minutes after the end of the show. Online voting will remain open until 11AM (Eastern Time)/ 8AM (Pacific Time) the following day.