DWTS: Chubby men, Chaz, Cher and the cha cha cha
I am thankful that Chaz Bono was voted off–not because he was transgender, not because he was an overweight man, but because he could not dance. His dances lacked content and he lacked stage presence.
Hope Solo, who is famous in her own right because of her athletic skills as a soccer player, is ungainly and needs to learn how to walk in heels (I’m afraid she only knows heel lead and her pivoting skills are closer to basketball than ballroom), but she has a mega-watt smile. If she were really angry, she’s be frightening as well.
Bono had been treated kindly by the judges and he’s been whiny–about how much physical discipline hurts at his age. Yet he’s not the oldest person on stage. Ricki Lake is about the same age and overweight, but she can perform. And you’d think with a war vet in the cast, Bono would zip his lip about his suffering.
Now Chaz Bono’s mother has jumped into the fray. Bono forgets that Bruno Tonioli was a professional dancer and he’s still in pretty good shape. He recently posed nude for a charity. I’m not sure why Cher decided to lash out at Len Goodman.
I COULD TEACH HIS LITTLE ARM WAVING ASS SOME MANNERS ! Critique CHAZ’S DANCE STYLE, MOVEMENTS ETC,.BUT DON’T MAKE FUN OF MY CHILD ON NAT.TV
IS IT DWTS Or LOOKING PERFECT WTS? ITS EASY 4 HIM 2 TAKE CHEAP SHOTS AT CHAZ ! LET HIM COME 2 “MY” STAGE
Enough time wasted on Bully Judge! The nite I was there I had GREAT TIME!I Loved watching every1! I was So excited ! Laughing,talking FUN!
As for the Older Gentleman ….every Show Needs A Grumpy Old Man !
Goodman and Tonioli have been kind, perhaps too kind to this Los Angeles-born kid who is acting spoiled. Tonioli didn’t call Bono a troll. He called him a penguin. A cute penguin. Men in tuxes have been called penguins before. Nothing new. Tonioli called someone else a penguin. You can see below.
Tonioli also called Bono an Ewok. That is the warmest and fuzziest creature in the Star Wars universe.
If this is seriously a question of talent, Cher should admit her son doesn’t have it. If not for his famous mother and father, he wouldn’t be there.
How did other chubby men get treated? Let’s look at a few of them.
Kyle Massey (b. 1991)
- Season 11
- Partner Lacey Schwimmer
- Week 1: 23 (8,7,8) Cha cha cha
- Week 2: 22 (8,7,7) Quickstep
- Week 3: 23 (8,7,8) Waltz
- Week 4: 18 (6,6,6) Rumba
- Week 5: 20 (8,5,7) Foxtrot
- Week 6: 23 (8,7,8) Tango
- Week 7: 35 (10,9,8,8) Paso doble
- Week 8: 27 (9,9,9) Viennese waltz
- Week 8: 29 (10,9,10) Jive
- Week 9: 29 (10,9,10) Samba
- Week 9: 29 (10,9,10) Argentine tango
- Week 10: 27 (9,9,9) Foxtrot
- Week 10: 29 (10,9,10) Freestyle
John Ratzenberger (b. 1947)
- Season 4 (Spring 2007)
- Partner Edyta Sliwinska
- Sixth couple eliminated
- Week 1: 17 (6,5,6) Cha cha cha
- Week 2: 21 (7,7,7) Quickstep
- Week 3: 20 (7,6,7) Tango
- Week 4: 16 (6,5,5) Paso doble
- Week 5: 18 (6,6,6) Samba
- Week 6: 19 (7,6,6) Mambo
Steve Wozniak (b. 1950)
- Season 8 (Spring 2009)
- Partner Karina Smirnoff
- Fourth couple eliminated.
- Week 1: 13 (5,4,4) cha cha cha
- Week 2: 17 (6,5,6) Quickstep
- Week 3: 10 (4,3,3) Samba
- Week 4: 12 (4,4,4) Argentine tango
- Season 2 (Winter 2006)
- Partner Ashly DelGrosso
- Fourth couple eliminated
- Winner: Drew Lachey and Cheryl Burke
- Week 1: 12 (4,4,4) Cha cha cha
- Week 2: 16 (6,5,5) Quickstep
- Week 3: 14 (6,4,4) Jive
- Week 4: 8 (4, 2, 2) Paso doble
- Winner: Apolo Anton Ohno and Julianne Hough
- Season 10 (Spring 2010)
- Week 1: 14 (5,4,5) Cha cha cha
- Week 2: 12 (4,4,4) Foxtrot
- Week 3: 13 (5,4,4) Waltz
- Winner: Nicole Scherzinger and Derek Hough
Michael Bolton (b. 1953)
- Season 11 (Fall 2010)
- Partner Chelsea Hightower
- Week 1: 16 (6,5,5) Viennese waltz
- Week 2: 12 (4,5,3) Jive
- Winner: Jennifer Grey and Derek Hough
Posted on October 27, 2011, in Chaz Bono, Kyle Massey, Uncategorized and tagged Buzz Aldrin, Carrie Ann Inaba, Chaz Bono, Chaz penguin, Cher, John Ratzenberger, Kyle Massey, Len Goodman, Master P, Michael Bolton, Steve Wozniak. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.