The official announcement of the “Dancing with the Stars” season 11 pairs was made today on “Good Morning America,” but others had been leaked earlier. Here is the official line up below.
1. Brandy and Maksim Chmerkovskiy
2. Margaret Cho and Louis Van Amstel
3. Jennifer Grey and Derek Hough
4. Florence Henderson and Corky Ballas
5. Bristol Palin and Mark Ballas
6. Audrina Patridge and Tony Dovolani
1. Michael Bolton and Chelsie Hightower
2. Rick Fox and Cheryl Burke
3. David Hasselhoff and Kym Johnson
4. Kyle Massey and Lacey Schwimmer
5. Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino and Karina Smirnoff
6. Kurt Warner and Anna Trebunskaya
Cheryl Burke has won the mirrorball trophy twice during season two and three (singer Drew Lachey and former NFL player Emmitt Smith, respectively). She finished second during the hotly contested season eight when she danced with French actor Gilles Marini. Season six, she was third with actor Cristian de la Fuente.
Mark Ballas won during seasons six and eight (Olympic gold medal figure skater Kristi Yamaguchi and Olympic gold medal gymnast Shawn Johnson, respectively).
Derek Hough has also won the mirrorball trophy twice–once with current co-host actress Brooke Burke during season seven and then last season, season ten, with Pussycat Dolls lead singer Nicole Scherzinger.
Kym Johnson has been second twice (seasons four and seven) when she danced with singer Joey Fatone and Warren Sapp, but won with singer/entertainer Donny Osmond during season ten.
“Dancing with the Stars” season 11 premieres on 20 September 2010.